BUFFALO, N.Y.—Nationally No. 1/2-ranked Plattsburgh scored three minutes into the contest and added three second-period goals to secure a 6-0 victory over visiting Buffalo State today in a NEWHL contest.
FINAL SCORE: #1/2 Plattsburgh – 6, Buffalo State – 0
LOCATION: Stafford Arena – Plattsburgh, N.Y.
RECORDS: Plattsburgh (12-2-0, 7-0-0 NEWHL), Buffalo State (5-7-2, 2-4-1 NEWHL)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Bri Gawronski (Dunkirk, NY/Mt. Mercy) finished with a career-high 58 saves in the loss.
- The Cardinals outshot the Bengals 26-1 in the first period but could only breakthrough with one marker as the score remained 1-0 after 20 minutes of action.
- Plattsburgh tallied three goals on 21 shots, including a powerplay goal with 29 second left in the period, to pull away as the lead increased to 4-0.
- The Cardinals got a natural hat trick from Annie Katonka with two third-period goals on 17 third-period shots.
- Plattsburgh ended the game with a 64-13 shots on goal advantage in the win.
FOR THE FOES
- Katonka finished with three goals, while Moe Tsukimoto chipped in a pair of goals.
- Kassi Abbott finished with 13 saves in net for Plattsburgh
Buffalo State will complete the weekend set at Plattsburgh tomorrow at 3 p.m.