CORTLAND, N.Y.— Buffalo State outshot host Cortland, 32-30, but dropped a 3-0 decision in a NEWHL contest this evening.
FINAL SCORE: Cortland – 3, Buffalo State – 0
LOCATION: Alumni Arena - Cortland, N.Y.
RECORDS: Cortland (8-7-3/1-7-3), Buffalo State (5-10-2/2-7-1)
HOW IT HAPPENED
- Bri Gawronski (Dunkirk, NY/Mt. Mercy) finished with 27 saves in net for the Bengals.
- Cortland outshot the Bengals 12-10 in the first and were rewarded with a lone first-period marker following back-to-back saves from Gawronski in less than 30 seconds.
- Buffalo State held an 11-9 advantage in shots during the second frame and had a pair of power-play chances but could not cut into the deficit as the Red Dragons doubled their lead on a power-play goal with just over eight minutes left in the period.
- After late penalties by each team late in the third frame, Cortland completed its scoring with a goal only 36 seconds before the final buzzer sounded.
- The Bengals finished 0 of 6 with an extra attacker while the Red Dragons finished 1 of 3.
- Buffalo State finished with a 32-30 advantage in shots during the contest.
FOR THE FOES
- Katie DeVoe, Grace Schnorr and Quinn Metcalfe all scored for Cortland
- Chelsea Allain finished with 32 saves in net for the Red Dragons.
Buffalo State and Cortland clash again tomorrow at 2 p.m. in the Alumni Arena.